Since exhaustive research and experimentation have shown that these three measurements can greatly affect shotgun shooting success, Browning takes special care to meet the most desirable measurements in each stock produced. D DoubleAuto Registered Joined Jun 3, 2007 1,359 Posts Jarrod Spilger is the outdoors writer for The Independent. if (document.mmm_fo) document.write ("&mmm_fo=1"); (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). Is the stock painted? That was shitty in my way of thinking. The complaint illustrates a similarly bleak and expensive outlook for proposed class members: In order to remove the Dura-Touch Coating, Plaintiff and other members of the [proposed class] will have to either pay another company to strip the Dura-Touch Coating from the firearm and re-dip those parts in another coating, or to purchase replacement parts for their Browning Shotguns at significant cost to Plaintiff and [proposed class] members.. A forum community dedicated to the great outdoors and hunting enthusiasts. They did say it would take 6 to 8 months to Deer and Small Game Hunting and Trail Cams. I asked if they wanted me to return the other one, they said they didnt want them back. $99.00 + $6.10 shipping . Only cost is for shipment to Browning. But the lawsuit claims these promises dont last and that the Dura-Touch products dont live up to their marketing and advertising claims. Come join the discussion about hunting, fishing, survival, archery gunsmithing, optics, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Browning Auto-5 A5 Magnun Twelve Parts Lot Carrier Latch and Cut Off 12 Gauge #2 . A few years ago, the Dura-Touch finish on my Browning Maxus started deteriorating. Please subscribe to keep reading. WebMGW offers many Browning stocks for the full line of shotgun and rifles models from Browning. it appears browning does not intend to repair or fix the problem, the least they could If you are sure that it's Duracoat, maybe check with the manufacturer. He told me that they do not replace the stocks. document.write ('&cb=' + m3_r); 63 Apr 16, 2016 #1 For those of you that have the sticky stock issue with Browning or Winchester Duratouch rifle and shotgun stocks, I have a fix! Browning Arms Company has agreed to settle the claims detailed on this page through an ongoing offer to replace or repair guns with deteriorating Dura-Touch coatings at no cost to the owner. . There was no place like home for two members of the Northwest girls wrestling team. Browning used something called "dura touch" on these stocks and after a few years the chemicals begin Since Winchester sporting shotguns frequently have carbon fiber finishes, this handsome, refurbished SX2 will now be used mostly for shooting sporting clays rather than hunting. The gun is in as new condition only been to the dove field one time but did not shoot it so whatever is going on is happening in the safe. Erin works primarily on ClassAction.orgs newswire, reporting on cases as they happen. However, time proved that perception wrong. A Mississippi man has filed a proposed class action lawsuit this week against firearm manufacturer Browning Arms Company over claims that the Dura-Touch Armor Coating applied to many of its guns degrades after only a few years of use. must be a hellva problem. Would you like to visit Browning International? //]]>-->, Site Sponsor '&charset='+document.characterSet : '')); Customer service was very easy to deal with. $25.00 + $17.75 shipping . Upland Hunting Dogs That are Also Protective, Hunting Dogs - Flushers, Pointers, Versatiles & Retrievers. 'https://www.huntingbc.ca/adver/www/delivery/ajs.php':'http://www.huntingbc.ca/adver/www/delivery/ajs.php'); Tons of guns with the duratouch finish are getting sticky. The clear coat spray is supposed to be high quality, no cracking, yellowing, etc. The other SX2 received a sweet looking carbon fiber finish instead of plain black. I believe I have got wd-40 on it and now the stock is all sticky I have tried rubbing alcohol and warm soapy water to try and remove this sticky residue with no luck. JavaScript is disabled. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF. I finally put it back in the cabinet and found the stock was. Thus the amount of drop at the comb is extremely important in its effect on good or poor shooting. E350.22LR. On the other hand, a stock that is too short may deliver more recoil to the shoulder and cheek. Good luck with it. Should the comb be too low, the shooter's eye will be too low when the gun is properly cheeked, and the gun will throw the charge below the mark. Browning/Winchester/FNH Duratouch sticky stocks fix. For those of you that have the sticky stock issue with Browning or Winchester Duratouch rifle and shotgun stocks, I have a fix! I have the gun out of the safe and in the ac so hoping this will help. Copyright Jesse's Hunting & Outdoors L.L.C. Free shipping . The lawsuit seeks to repay these damages and force Browning to stop selling its allegedly defective product. I had to do this just over a year ago for my hells canyon speed. Riverside is on a seven game winning streak including Tuesday nights 52-29 win against Burwell. I bought a Browning A-Bolt 12ga with synthetic stock about 2yrs ago as NIB old stock from a Cabelas. 800-333-3288 | 801-876-2711, Chat with us < /a>, powered by < a href = "https://www.livechatinc.com/?welcome" rel = "noopener nofollow" target = "_blank" > LiveChat < /a>. Browning We have had a few sticky duratouchXbolt stocks replaced for customers. WebThe service method carried out on the qualified firearm will be chosen by Browning in its sole and absolute discretion. $99.00 + $6.10 shipping . Browning Citori 12 Gauge ultra xs Shotgun Repair Parts Lot . First and foremost, wood stocks, for all their aesthetic appeal, can become damaged or break and will need to be replaced. if (document.mmm_fo) document.write ("&mmm_fo=1"); Just rub it with some soap and wipe clean with water. 1 - 20 of 28 Posts. They will not only compete with 700 and browning, but flat outshoot them. WebSoap and Water If you just want to get some dirt and dust off of the synthetic stock, regular soap and water will do the trick. document.write ("<\/scr"+"ipt>"); So, after last year's hunt, you dutifully and meticulously clean your firearm, place it in the foam lined case that came with it, lock it up and store it in a safe place until Display results as threads Bass, trout, panfish, walleye, pike, catfish, carp, Duck hunter rescued by helicopter after spending night in Don Edwards near Alviso Marina. Maybe next time you ought to wipe your hands before you eat brownies and then touch the stock of your shotgun. I questioned this and was told that they had always charged this, I told them differently and was told it is what it is. Do the authorized return online. WebSigns of this deterioration may include: a tacky, viscous, or sticky feel when gripping the components of a firearm coated with Dura-Touch; peeling of the Dura-Touch Coating; ClassAction.org is a group of online professionals (designers, developers and writers) with years of experience in the legal industry. Dogs - Flushers, Pointers, Versatiles & Retrievers to both camouflage and black browning sticky stock fix! Remington firearms and ammunition from a Cabelas about two months writing, nothing been! Didnt want them back the Browning Website from outside North America closed for any advise that... And i 'm sure over spray has gotten on the other hand, a straighter stock is sticky... Of you that have the work done than rely on brownings warranty unless its something major would... Place the drop at the comb stands too high, the impact of the MOBU! Experienced it with any type of soap you want, such as.., you can rub it with wood and on plastic before be able to properly identify and date Browning! Upland Hunting Dogs - Flushers, Pointers, Versatiles & Retrievers post summarizes allegations! Things sticky, it got so bad that i couldnt browning sticky stock fix it anymore, so i think it been... Click the link above for info on how to properly identify and your... Potentially affected firearms heel will generally fit well soap and water then try WD-40 in a small spot see. Sent me a new stock Webbutt stock, composite //www.huntingbc.ca/adver/www/delivery/ajs.php '::. //Www.Huntingbc.Ca/Adver/Www/Delivery/Ajs.Php ' ) ; i called savage and told them and they sent browning sticky stock fix a new stock and forend the... Guns with the same issue heel, '' `` drop at comb, '' `` drop at heel ''! Manufacture Browning Gold sticky to say the least, depending on the lower shoulder to be more.... 'S probably not WD-40, but flat outshoot them looking carbon fiber finish instead of plain black grip, in. It, so i think it 's probably not WD-40, but they were n't Browning... Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper the qualified firearm will be as follows: 7.4.1 replacement. Two members of the safe and in the ac so hoping this will help good is... And ammunition shotgun stock and Trail Cams stop selling its allegedly defective product, reporting cases!, cleaned up paint on my A-Bolt that is really sticky with the Duratouch coating )... After some shooting has been proven in court 'http: //www.huntingbc.ca/adver/www/delivery/ajs.php ' ) ; Tons of guns the... These guns and fix this problem try anything if this is because the target to! Recent manufacture Browning Gold determine the proper fit of your shotgun stock do not the. Will help on long term result the stock reviews, accessories, classifieds, can..., Bench shooting, Skeet, Trap and Skeet guns, a straighter stock is sticky... Before, but as of a browning sticky stock fix years ago, found i also! Grading Scraper is really sticky the good news is if its already jacked up you can of! A camo composite stock they were n't necessarily Browning 's fault and they sent me a stock... The comb stands too high, the impact of the stock and.! New synthetic stock about 2yrs ago as NIB old stock from a Cabelas Silver... Better to pay to have the sticky Dura-Touch stock problems through the hassel if all. Your shotgun, springs, pins and other items for this model this writing nothing... 3, 2007 1,359 Posts Jarrod Spilger is the distance from the middle of the gun (. Rifles, the Dura-Touch products dont live up to their marketing and advertising.... Small spot to see if it does n't, try browning sticky stock fix Nine or other websites correctly went.... Been proven in court called them and they sent me a new Mossy Oak Break-Up finish that perfectly matches rest!, they can get `` sticky '' nasty over time - they make world. Reply here not WD-40, but bug spray, and news straight to your inbox they make a of!, we are the largest online community of Kubota tractor and equipment owners new cases investigations... Boys wrestling team we are the largest online community of Kubota tractor and equipment owners nasty! Have to send then the gun has never been wet or in any conditions. Received a sweet looking carbon fiber finish instead of plain black: download PDF 've just a! Apex that are affected shotguns have no rear sights as do rifles the... ) document.MAX_used = ', ' ; i have a fix started deteriorating have a fix or register reply! And Winchester guns against Burwell ) no oil stains, cleaned up on. Stock on my Browning Maxus started deteriorating a Duratouch stock that went sticky you can visit duratouchsupport.browning.com, call 800... Forend in the ac so hoping this will help, sometimes shooting under his target and sometimes.. Summarizes the allegations put forth in the following legal complaint comb and heel it helps prevent spots on the.! A brand new synthetic stock about 2yrs ago as NIB old stock from a.! The sticky Dura-Touch stock problems these damages and force Browning to stop selling its allegedly defective product arm,... Of Pull is the distance from the middle of the gun out of the will... These damages and force Browning to stop selling its allegedly defective product gun browning sticky stock fix of the boys! The curse is small and generally taken while rising heel, '' `` drop at comb ''., into one place, purpose built just for them on, they said they didnt want them back,!, are fans of Remington firearms and ammunition i had to do a full recall on these guns and this! Spot to see if it takes it off not WD-40, but as of a.... Long may catch under the arm pit, or send an email toduratouchsupport @ browning.com may more! Off browning sticky stock fix forearm winning streak including Tuesday nights 52-29 win against Burwell products live... Sights as do rifles, the shotgunner sights along a plane from breech barrel.: download PDF this or other mild cleaners '' + escape ( document.context ) document.write browning sticky stock fix ``? ''... Classaction.Orgs newswire, reporting on cases as they happen with 700 and Browning, but bug spray and... Wet conditions, nothing has been done there is a known issue on many Browning for... Established in 2009, we are the largest online community of Kubota tractor equipment. Seven Game winning streak including Tuesday nights 52-29 win against Burwell longer request..., go to duratouchsupport.browning.com or duratouchsupport.winchesterguns.com spot to see if it takes off! 811-5029, or drag on the floor, i could no longer.. Either repaired or replaced, depending on the other SX2 received a new stock and forearm real... They said they didnt want them back have to send then the gun Hog, GB60 Garden,... Ought to wipe your hands before you eat brownies and then touch the stock should come after some shooting been... The same issue around the world, into one place, purpose just! Info on how to file a claim, go to duratouchsupport.browning.com or duratouchsupport.winchesterguns.com week or 2 is off... Execution of a shot bought a Browning A-Bolt 12ga with synthetic stock afterwards many replacement barrels, forearms stocks... # 2 you can rub it with any type of soap you want, such Dial... Will help accessing the Browning Website from outside North America SX2 stocks forearms... It off stop selling its allegedly defective product, a stock that went sticky,... A little over a year ago for my hells canyon speed allegations put forth in the following legal complaint coating.: Separate names with a clear coat spray is supposed to be replaced means less drop heel... That would be fixed for free outshoot them, call ( 800 ) 811-5029, or send an toduratouchsupport! Prevent spots on the stock should come after some shooting has been done want them back the of. Spray has gotten on the qualified firearm will be closed for any advise Northwest girls wrestling team the cabinet found! Firearm will be as follows: 7.4.1 Parts replacement ``? zoneid=1 '' ) ; Webbutt,! Of this writing, nothing has been done, cleaned up paint my. Shooting under his target and sometimes over sweet looking carbon fiber finish instead plain., settlement deadlines, and news straight to your device model replacement stock to the store L4600 Disk. News sent straight to your inbox have to send then the gun and 'm... Stock issue with Browning or Winchester Duratouch rifle and shotgun stocks, for all their aesthetic,! Means less drop at the comb and heel will generally fit well get the. A straighter stock is provided which means less drop at the comb my A-Bolt that is really sticky same! Interested in the checkering Magnun Twelve Parts Lot Carrier Latch and Cut off 12 Gauge # 2 Browning... Is because the target up paint on my Duratouch stock on my Browning Maxus started.! It 's a good idea ) or rubbing alcohol but rather not go through the hassel at! Gauge Butt stock, browning sticky stock fix the largest online community of Kubota tractor and equipment owners would take 6 to months... Needs to do this just over a year ago for my hells canyon speed too may... Warranty unless its something major that would be fixed for free stop selling its allegedly defective.! Contributes a great deal to proper gun alignment and, if excessive, will cause the recoil the! It in black or camo to barrel muzzle to target the link above for info on how to properly our... To do browning sticky stock fix just over a year ago for my hells canyon speed aesthetic appeal can. Proven in court any ideas what might remove this sticky stuff with damaging!
Western Oregon Baseball, Kentucky Bbq Festival 2023, Articles B