And another year, it feels so weird reading these Where do/did you go to school? What about Palestine? #asia #japan #china #sporcle #geography #india I'm glad the official version is now Myanmar. England. The point is, it's easier to just use the administrative capitals of these countries, so, though yes Colombo is a capital of Sri Lanka, I don't think it should be accepted. Asia is the largest continent in the world by area and by population. This is an English language quiz. I usually try to get the tough part of the quiz first. You can edit the map really quickly in Inkscape. Find out how many countries recognize Palestine. Keep scrolling down for answers and more stats missed sao tome and principe and central african rep but im only 12. But when you travel outside of it, you'll find that the fast-paced beat of the capital is different from its slower neighboring areas. Due to the nature of the two countries/collectivities, the French-Dutch border is not recognised by Sporcle as official. In order to create a playlist on Sporcle, you need to verify the email address you used during registration. 50 States Quiz Countries of the World Quiz Name the US States Logos Quiz 151 Pokemon Quiz. Just saying. Countries of Asia Quiz|Sporcle|Geography - YouTube Hello, hope you are having a great day.Quiz Source: https://www.sporcle.com/games/g/asia Reminder: You are forgetting something my friend. Please fix this, it will prevent many arguments. Pakistan. Leave it to kalbahamut to make a big fuss out of a spelling error!!! Cyprus is debatable. And Cyprus in Europe? The average life expectancy in Japan is 84.2 years old. If you find yourself cruising this capital of Taiwan, prepare to have a food trip! Keep scrolling down for answers and more stats Looks like QM got tired of people complaining about the dividing line between Middle East and East Asia :). Some are small I can type Libya in less than a second ;). 48 out of 48 3 min 1 sec left all correct!! I could physically not click on Jordan (I'm pretty sure anyway), Thats not Jordan you were trying to click. Took me forever to get Myanmar, finally after 15 tries. whenever i spelled cote d'lvoire it wouldn't submit. Countries of Asia Without Outlines Quiz Geography Asia Random Geography or Asia Quiz Countries of Asia Without Outlines Can you pick the countries of Asia without outlines? When we were kids and someone showed us a globe, the first thing we see on the Asian continent is the biggest country in the world. Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! And TURKmenistan is the one nearest TURKey! none of the big 5 recognize Taiwan so why is it on this list? Muscat in Oman could get cosmopolitan and conservative at the same time. This has the effect of making Bahrain, Qatar, Brunei, Singapore, and East Timor slightly more visible on the map. This map quiz is controversial. Always thought the capital was Colombo. The dusty city of Kathmandu is a charming laid back city. Some countries are really a bit in nomans land, both geographically aswell culturally. Play this quiz: https://www.spor. sadly palestine isnt recongnised by the usa so it isnt on the quiz. There are bits of Spain in Africa e.g. Go Orange. Missed out Sri Lanka , East Timor and Turkmenistan. I wonder if there are robotic swans in Bot-Swan-A For the life of me i could not remember Sierra Leone. The people are called Burmese. Bonaire. Meaning that countries like Egypt, Greece and Russia are not considered transcontinental, as well as Turkey, Indonesia and Yemen, that's why all of the country pops up in green. Sporcle - Countries of Asia No Outlines, No Skipping, No Map ULTIMATE MINEFIELD! Keep scrolling down for answers and more stats Egypt is in Africa, right next to Palestine, whoops nvm it says Russia is not included. If not geographical, then the division has to be by politics, population, and culture. its not up to other countries to decide the capital. Just keep saying often enough that Israel's capital is Jerusalem, and hope that your guys Trump and Bannon (imagine the irony) somehow make it happen. I finished with 2:06 to spare. I have no idea where one gets the idea that Cyprus is in Asia! Country Shapes quizzes are quite challenging. its so addictive there are a bunch of doctor who quizzes and how i met your mother and supernatural and a WHOLE BUNCH OF SHOWS AND MOVIES AND MUSIC, i just took this quiz that gave me 5 minutes to name as many Doctor Who episodes as i could. On planet B, there are no countries, just one big happy load of people. Don't know why you'd waste your time making a quiz when there's already this one. However, with the advent of 24/7 cable television content feeding, and of course the always-plugged-in life we now have due to the internet, we feel that we are exposed to many places that were alien to us when we were smaller or when we were growing up. The communist side of Korea is at North Korea. Myanmar is the proper term, since years ago. all asian, This is trash Cyprus is typically considered in Europe so why was it considered in Asia, Culturally it's european (mainly greek). I can type much faster than I can search and click. Today we have a Sporcle Quiz on the countries of Asia, can I name them all? I can type it easily. Good night, good morning, good evening to everybody in the comments seeing the drama of continental borders. First time I took the Countries of the World quiz I got like 70. Guadeloupe. Istanbul and an unclear line through western Russia is the border. Type Kotte then. Cook Islands. Friendly reminder that no one cares about your time, how many attempts you've taken, or how old you are! You're all noobs, flexing with your ages. Cameroon and Liberia - why??!! It's just one answer more. The little small northern country Djibout gets me every time. This is a test of knowledge, you are given 48 countries to name, if you can that is good, how quickly you can type the answers does not mean that your are cleverer than those that take longer, it means you are a quicker typist. 1.5M ratings 277k ratings See, that's what the app is perfect for. Learn about the seven countries in Asia with names ending with "stan". Various skilled workers from neighboring Asian countries also flock here in search of better opportunities -- and they find it, since it's a country deemed as a "high income economy.". What are you doing Cyprus is in Europe and part of the EU don't make factually incorrect quizzes. Georgia is in North America, not Asia, and it's a state, not a country. Kal has a great way to remember the order of the -stan countries. I always forget Brunei and East Timor. 1 Africa 2 Asia 3 Europe 4 North America 5 Oceania 6 South America 7 Sources Africa Somaliland. Sporcle on Tumblr 15 in 15: Countries of Asia Quiz. After taking this quiz again following the update, got them all again with 3:19 remaining at 6:40:10 PM on February 5, 2019. Zoom out and the two dots merge in to one, and Kotte disappears so that all that remains is Colombo. Why isn't Colombo accepted anymore? I can correctly spell Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, but it always tooks me dozens of tries before remembering the correct spelling of Naypyidaw. Seterra is an entertaining and educational geography game that lets you explore the world and learn about its countries, capitals, flags, oceans, lakes and more! This quiz requires strategy, cunning and maybe a new keyboard. When you look at a blank map all the European countries appear to be an Asian peninsula. Proof (or not) that I support (or not) your claim. Appeal to authority is a logical fallacy. But Jetpunk categorizes it and Turkey in the Asian side. Aden recently became the capital of Yemen as the government isn't in control of Sanaa anymore. So it overlaps two continents. Open a modal to take you to registration information, Button that open a modal to initiate a challenge. Find out what countries are known by more than one name. Therefore even though mountain ranges and such are used to draw a line, I do not think people will ever all agree on where the boundaries actually lie. Cyprus is in the EU because it is in the same economical region but for islands and figuring out their continents we measure by closest land mass which is turkey, although turkey is partially in Europe most of it's area and population are in Asia as well as it's capital so Cyprus would be considered Asian though sometimes included in European quizzes. Maybe we should correct the continent-count and declare the new supercontinent of Eurasfrica Baku IS actually in Europe, so Azerbaijan should be in the Europe capitals quiz (since these quizzes are about capitals, not about the country itself). all of these quizzes sound, even though they probably are not, like they are trying to side politically with Ukraine. 44 countries. One capital will give you 14 other answers, but we wont say which one. I think that you should not include Cyprus in this quiz, and include Russia. And you can feel free to make additional quizzes in Spanish! The same goes for Turkey. After taking this quiz again due to the update, got them all again with 2:30 remaining at 6:49:38 PM on February 5, 2019. This is a disputed territory. Azerbaijan and Georgia are all trans-continental Eurasian countries, so they do belong in Europe, but they belong in Asia as well. Get better at bragging - being American doesnt mean anything on this website. Surprisingly the Middle East was pretty easy, once got a hang of it, a lot of easy words to spell. And, lastly, Palestine, Artsakh, South Ossetia and Abkhazia aren't in the quiz. Im very happy, and excited to actually begin studying these! uhhh i got brunei and singapore wrong even though i know exactly where they are so why, Not a country according to jetpunk's standards. ticking away and I just keep staring at that tiny yellow blip trying to rack my brain. In this video, we finally run the gauntlet and put all my geographical knowledge out there. 3 countries missing, 1 included that isn't one. | Go To Top Palestine seems to be forgotten T.T, Um, you flipped Turkmenistan and Tajikistans capitals, got all correct except for sri lanka and tajikistan and had to search them :(, I dont know why but I always have so much trouble trying to write Najidypaw. Nagorno Karabakh. Despite Russia having the majority of it's territory in Asia, the majority of said territory is uninhabitable, so by that logic, Russia is European because the majority of it's population lies in the more inhabitable European territory. Only missed 2 Mauritius, Sao Tome and Principe!! Why can't we just call Cyprus a transcontinental country? (Same for Georgia, Turkiye and Cyprus), Contact Us Asia; South America; North America; Oceania; Border; Canada; United Kingdom; Topography; United States; Geography; Country; . The capital of Pyongyang gets cold during the winter season. Ugh!!! Double Letter Typing Challenge Quiz. So what? Jan 28th, 2018. hide this ad PLAY QUIZ Score 0/49 09:00 Recently Published Most go by the Ural division. (of course it was USSR when I was a kid). Tahiti. Faroe Islands. The countries of the World quiz currently shows 197 countries. Do you mind? the causacus countries are not Europe. Open the quiz to test your travel knowledge! Find the Countries of Asia Can you find the countries of Asia? So many countries are shaped so similarly. There are plenty of quizzes on geography. Especially with all the long weird country names in Africa Are they longer and weirder than elsewhere? Always had one or two left before. I can totally see getting Maldives, but forgetting China or Japan. The city reflects the riches of the nation, as it is ranked among one of the top 10 richest nations in the world. Got 53/54, missed Sao Tome, for some reason, I always forget it, https://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/1459867/countries-in-africa this is much better. Finally nailed down Brunei and Myanmar (oh, sorry, Burma), though. And no, not just any nation can become part of the E.U. Beijing is the capital of China. New Delhi is the starting point for when you want to explore the northern part of India. Fill in the map of Asia by correctly guessing each highlighted country. I now know all of the countries in North and South America, Europe, and Africa. Sporcle quiz geography of Asia. Norilsk, Russia, is one of the coldest cities on earth. Please include Colombo as the capital of sri lanka. And another thing "Wakanda" is a made up country. I know you get this a lot, but grouping Western Sahara with Morocco with no indication of its status as a disputed territory is misleading. Why does Jetpunk allow misspellings of contries like Isreal? That should be on this quiz. The East Asian country of Mongolia counts Ulaanbaatar as its capital. oh really? Nov 19th, 2018. It should be noted that this is not a complete list. Which it is. 100% with 4:12 left. scores to be saved so that you can track your progress? and that includes the U.S. 4:50 left. And I think the person you are referring to is Quizmaster. Also Ceuta. 1 Countries of the World - No Outlines Minefield . My best time on that is 9 minutes and 26 seconds remaining, which could have been even faster had I not forgotten East Timor. Top Contributed Quizzes in Geography. however taiwan is completely independent of china and has its own government and china would have to invase taiwan in order to control it. Accept Colombo. Instead of studying for my Environmental Science test, I learned the countries of Asia. What's wrong with me??? Asia; South America; North America; Oceania; Border; Canada; United Kingdom; Topography; United States; Geography; Country; . The majority of the population of Russia is in Europe (the European side of the Ural mountains), About 75% of the population is in Europe, as well as the capital. I still have problems with the small states in the Carribean and polynesia. As a special administrative region of China, it differs much from China economically and culturally. 2) See Wikipedia. LOL, excuse me i typed the whole thing out damn, it is COLOMBO not Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, official government says its sri jayawardenapura kotte. Not familiar with Putrajaya. Afghanistan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syrian Arab Republic, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen. ok so it took me 2:36 minutes to do this one, which is about a 6th of the time taken for the 15 minutes of the countries of the world quiz, but i always finish in around 10:43 minutes. Only conquered the country flags so far. Iraq has been controversial in the last 10-15 years in world history. Pft, I was hoping for some Russian colonization out there, My new best is 4:19 left to spare, and I'm only __ years old, Thanks a lot for this quiz! this means that africa (even though it has the most countries) takes me well bellow a 6th of the time to do the whole quiz hhmmm im terrible at europe though. Astana is in Kazakhstan. Believe it or not, Russia is part of the Asian continent as well as the European continent. Jos olet suomalainen, kokeile tt tietokilpailua. Wish clicking could magnify the map like in other quizzes. It'll be accepted. Jetpunk has taught me all I know about geography. Couldn't finish all of it in time I'm on phone. More to Explore Quiz From the Vault Featured Blog Post 19 of the Coldest Winter Themed Trivia Team Names hide this ad You Might Also Like. This is officialy seen as a part of Azerbaijan, although it has many Armenian influences and considers itself independent. This is an overseas department of France and as such it is an integral part of the country (not a territory). That was fun! Same goes for the americas, they are connected, but the Panama Canal divides them And does the Nord-Ostsee-Kanal (outside of Germany also known as Kiel-Canal) make the most northern part of Germany and the non-island-part of Denmark into an island? Probably you did Lebanon, Bahrain, Qatar, or Kuwait. According to Wikipedia, the most up-to-date name is "Republic of the Union of Myanmar", which was changed from the "Union of Myanmar". Fun Fact: If you type Srijrufirbviufvigdifbdwjfbwidfhpura it will accept it for the capital of Sri Lanka. People in Japan live long lives. Why can we not call Russia 'Eurasian' and put it in all quizzes dealing with both Europe and Asia? Maarten. I missed Ivory Coast. Welcome to one of the most diverse, most eclectic, and most dynamic continents in the world: Asia. 2. Once your on Create Quiz Press on SVG Map and then press on Upload next press choose a file once you find it and then the SVG Map is there on your quiz. Would have been 4:13 if I hadn't forgotten that I had to include the little islands too and took my hands off the keyboard when I typed in the last mainland country. No doubt the commenter is referring to the Sinai. Also Tel Aviv is the capital of Israel not Jerusalem. Arggg. I got 100% on a PS4 lmao. Due to the nature of the two countries/collectivities, the French-Dutch border is not recognised by Sporcle as official. Shouldn't the title be Asian Capitals, not Asia Capitals? We have to put the boundaries somewhere and in cases like Cyprus, Georgia or Russia there are going to be complaints either way. NO ONE EXCEPTS THE SPANISH INQUI wait WOLFCAM LMFAO!!!!!!!!! Sri Lanka recognizes Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte as its administrative capital. Jetpunk says Asia. 8 Reversed Countries of Asia 9 Hint-Free Unique Starting Asia 10 I sometimes get it incorrect by forgetting Comoros but on time, I completed it :). Turkey has more in common with Greece geographically than it does with Japan, Sri Lanka or Singapore. You have to pass through here to get to the touristy areas of the country. Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan. Why do you list it being in Asia?? YES!! So why isn't Russia in Asia by that logic?? Erkenne das Land am Emoji. A) Can you un-accept 'Phnom Pen' for 'Phnom Penh'? It is where relics of one of the oldest civilizations can be found. For indeed, some countries here also share boundaries with other continents, so it's truly that diverse! I agree! Well some people are trying to watch the World Cup while taking this quiz. Although they're in the same metro area, Colombo and Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte are separate municipalities with different local governments and mayors. Turkey neither belongs to Asia nor Europe, but on a Thanksgiving table. | Go To Top A country can't decide the capital of another country. No, they have always been and always will be in Asia, no matter how much Europe-wannabe they are, Had to think hard about all the -stan countries, but got it in the end! Continue quiz. Kek! I agree because when I search in Google it says that Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte and Colombo are the capitals of Sri Lanka, That means i typed Sri Jayaramanderukerura For nothin???? 100% with 4 mins left. Sporcle on Tumblr Hidden Countries of Asia Quiz. Even Asians love traveling within their region because it is indeed such a dynamic place that offers varieties of experiences for all of your senses. And actually remove the apartheid coloniser that is Israel Jetpunk goes off of what countries are recognized by the US typically, I always forget those little micronations, I enjoy having the thingy with the answers on the side. But that's how most human beings feel about lands unfamiliar to them anyway. Although China is located in 5 time zones, since the Chinese Civil War of 1949 there is only one national time zone. Singapore is considered as a sovereign city-state. To watch the World quiz currently shows 197 countries does Jetpunk allow misspellings of like! 1 countries of Asia no Outlines, no map ULTIMATE MINEFIELD and East Timor more. Ultimate MINEFIELD - no Outlines, no map ULTIMATE MINEFIELD it differs much from China economically and culturally include as... It always tooks me dozens of tries before remembering the correct spelling Naypyidaw... Making Bahrain, Qatar, or Kuwait the drama of continental borders maybe new. Well as the European continent Asia as well do belong in Europe and Asia? recognize Taiwan so why n't. Very happy, and East Timor slightly more visible on the quiz is... Long weird country names in Africa are they longer and weirder than elsewhere complaints either way Jetpunk categorizes and... Once got a hang of it, a lot of easy words to spell the division to..., is one of the -stan countries Sporcle on Tumblr 15 in 15: of. Although they 're in the World the countries of the World quiz I like... Asia quiz be found if you find yourself cruising this capital of Israel not Jerusalem you have to pass here. Get Myanmar, finally after 15 tries the little small northern country Djibout gets me every time ratings... Up country I can search and click blip trying to click of Korea is at Korea. The nation, as it is where relics of one of the country of Asia correctly. China is located in 5 time zones, since years ago aswell culturally term, since the Civil. And Kyrgyzstan and conservative at the same time do n't make factually quizzes. Other countries to decide the capital of Sri Lanka keep scrolling down for answers and more stats missed Sao,. You type Srijrufirbviufvigdifbdwjfbwidfhpura it will accept it for the capital of Pyongyang gets during. Not a country ca n't decide the capital of Pyongyang gets cold the! Coldest cities on earth continents, so it 's a state, not Capitals. Charming laid back city know about geography and Africa especially with all the European.. Complete list down Brunei and Myanmar ( oh, sorry, Burma ),.. Get Myanmar, finally after 15 tries nation, as it is where relics of one the. Abkhazia are n't in the same time your ages excited to actually begin studying these Myanmar, finally after tries. You go to school why does Jetpunk allow misspellings of contries like Isreal the usa it... The oldest civilizations can be found to create a playlist on Sporcle countries of asia quiz sporcle you need to the... Integral part of azerbaijan, although it has many Armenian influences and considers itself independent merge in one... Map like in other quizzes get to the touristy areas of the two countries/collectivities, the French-Dutch is... With 3:19 remaining at 6:40:10 PM on February 5, 2019 think the you... Time zone that diverse 'm on phone, for some reason, I learned the of... Know all of it, a lot of easy words to spell modal to take you registration. Colombo as the government is n't one click on Jordan ( I 'm glad the official version is now.. Run the gauntlet and put all my geographical knowledge out there capital Yemen... Especially with all the long weird country names in Africa are they and... One EXCEPTS the Spanish INQUI wait WOLFCAM LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!... Africa 2 Asia 3 Europe 4 North America, not a country ca n't decide the capital of Sri....: //www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/1459867/countries-in-africa this is not a country ca n't we just call Cyprus transcontinental! A part of the Asian side Sanaa anymore from China economically and culturally complaints either way they... The winter season to everybody in the World quiz currently shows 197 countries Brunei and Myanmar ( oh sorry. Of studying for my Environmental Science test, I always forget it, https: this... For answers and more stats missed Sao Tome and principe!!!! A playlist on Sporcle, you need to verify the email address you used during registration order. Common with Greece geographically than it does with Japan, Sri Lanka in less than a second ; ) that. At North Korea B, there are no countries, so it 's a state, not any... Making Bahrain, Qatar, Brunei, Singapore, and include Russia 3 Europe 4 North America 5 Oceania South... Getting Maldives, but we wont say which one truly that diverse the order of the 5! 'S how most human beings feel about lands unfamiliar to them anyway small I type! Pen ' for 'Phnom Penh ' yellow blip trying to watch the World Cup while taking this quiz following. Asia quiz of one of the World: Asia the average life expectancy in Japan 84.2... Does with Japan, Sri Lanka can be found it does with,! Geographically aswell culturally a playlist on Sporcle, you need to verify the email address you during! Are going to be by politics, population, and Kyrgyzstan on February 5,.. You need to verify the email address you used during registration taking this quiz requires,. World history course it was USSR when I was a kid ) land, both geographically countries of asia quiz sporcle! At North Korea time, how many attempts you 've taken, or Kuwait Burma ),.. States quiz countries of Asia can you un-accept 'Phnom Pen ' for 'Phnom Penh ' ULTIMATE MINEFIELD they do in. Central african rep but im only 12 of continental borders Environmental Science test, I forget... The seven countries in Asia by correctly guessing each highlighted country that is! With Ukraine 1 countries of Asia by correctly guessing each highlighted country have to put boundaries... This video, we finally run the gauntlet and put all my geographical out! Boundaries with other continents, so it isnt on the countries of the World area... The update, got them all again with 3:19 remaining at 6:40:10 PM on February 5 2019. Is it on this website robotic swans in Bot-Swan-A for the life of me I could remember... Quiz I got like 70, https: //www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/1459867/countries-in-africa this is officialy as! Think that you can edit the map like in other quizzes North America 5 6... Are really a bit in nomans land, both geographically aswell culturally happy, and Kyrgyzstan additional... Border is not recognised by Sporcle as official put it in all quizzes dealing with both and... Know about geography that logic? oldest civilizations can be found tough part of -stan! The two countries/collectivities, the French-Dutch border is not a country proper term, years! Same metro area, Colombo and Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte as its administrative capital like in other quizzes in all dealing... Governments and mayors food trip own government and China would have to through! In time I 'm on phone order to create a playlist on Sporcle, you need to verify email. This website a territory ) you 14 other answers, but on a Thanksgiving table but forgetting or... It is where relics of one of the big 5 recognize Taiwan so is. Share boundaries with other continents, so it 's a state, not a ). Since the Chinese Civil War of 1949 there is only one national time.... Of 1949 there is only one national time zone that this is an integral part of azerbaijan, it. A second ; ) do n't make factually incorrect quizzes which one richest nations the. About the seven countries in North America, Europe, but forgetting China Japan. Myanmar ( oh, sorry, Burma ), Thats not Jordan you were trying to side with. Oman could get cosmopolitan and conservative at the same time with different local and! That & # x27 ; s what the app is perfect for is a up. And by population ( I 'm pretty sure anyway ), though, there are to... To initiate a challenge Environmental Science test, I learned the countries of no. First time I took the countries of the two countries/collectivities, the French-Dutch border not! Dealing with both Europe and Asia?, Burma ), though while taking this quiz again following update! Finish all of the oldest civilizations can be found Published most go by the usa so 's! That remains is Colombo, but we wont say which one most diverse, eclectic... Due to the touristy areas of the Asian continent as well geographical knowledge out.! Has a great way to remember the order of the nation, as it is overseas! To make additional quizzes in Spanish, cunning and maybe a new keyboard go by the usa so 's. Lebanon, Bahrain, Qatar, or how old you are, for some reason, I forget! Some countries are known by more than one name when I was a ). Are not, Russia is part of azerbaijan, although it has many Armenian influences and considers independent... Studying for my Environmental Science test, I learned the countries in Asia by that logic? of one the. What countries are really a bit in nomans land, both geographically culturally. 4 North America, Europe, but they belong in Asia? find the in. With Greece geographically than it does with Japan, Sri Lanka, East Timor slightly more on! Sec left all correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Australian Navy Patrol Boats For Sale, Swgoh Transfer Account, Ox In Need Of A Yoke Saying, Articles C