This link provides the macOSdriver and CueMix 5 app forquick access to all the settings and mixing features inUltraLite-mk5. New MOTU Ultralite MK5 announced! . Would buy again. MOTU UltraLite-mk5 18x22 USB Audio Interface 18-in/22-out USB-C Audio Interface with 24-bit/192kHz Conversion, 2 Mic Preamps, DSP Mixing and Effects, MIDI I/O, and Loopback - Mac/PC/iOS $ 595 . Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. You need to turn the knob up to about 2/3 of max to get any real volume Learn More. on May 23, 2021, By JD Couple this with global logistics woes and you have very very low stock on audio interfaces. Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at sample rate, routing, and more. No excuse MOTU, this is terrible customer service. This interface needs a very well-made USBC cable. from Ohio on June 26, 2021, Music Background: Musician & Home Studio Owner, By Dell I placed an order in September and got an ETA of November, but YMMV. Plus, the LED level panel is easy to read and shows your sample rate and digital and MIDI I/O status. Here at Sweetwater, one of our favorite UltraLite-mk5 features is its excellent-sounding onboard DSP, which includes reverb, a 4-band parametric EQ, and dynamics. So I purchased the MOTU. The conversion is definitely a step above all of these and in many ways is pretty close to on par with Apogee. My use case is that I need to have a few mic pres, 4-6 additional ins, optical in/out, an additional output, portable, great conversion, and a solid headphone amp. to connect the interface. A Sweetwater Sales Engineer will get back to you shortly. Fixed a bug causing FaceTime calls to fail on macOS Ventura. They shipped me 2 replacement units (so 3 units total) they all do the same thing. (800) 222-4700. Pros: 1. I had to sell my Apogee Symphony Desktop because it had only 2 ins and outs. Follow the sections below to get They are available to offer you personalized product advice any time you need it. I just have the host bring in the back-line gear I need (keyboard, stands, etc). I have CueMix 5 running on my laptop or sometimes wirelessly connected to my iPad (this is a bit complicated and my "wish" is that MOTU would make wireless iPad connection to CueMix 5 simpler). Thick steel brackets ensure everything connects solidlyas a singular full-rack unit. Perfect I/O for my needs, impressively small form factor, great build quality and a surprisingly useful display. and install the MOTU Gen 5 software. And while I expected to find the pre-amps perfectly fine, they are punching far above their weight here. While it carries a high price tag, this unit produces better audio quality than most audio interfaces. The Ultralite Mk5 has similar capabilities but obviously different inputs. In a nutshell the issues are with the sends. Your email, has been entered to win this giveaway. Apply reverb, EQ and compression to the mix in your headphones, to the recorded tracks, or both. I often delete, reinstall, and reset drivers as a ways of troubleshooting which doesn't always fix the issue at hand. Thankfully I had purchased a Focusrite Claret + 8pre at the same time to use as an ADAT extension. They are available to offer you personalized product advice any time you need it. Free Expedited Shipping. Phone Hours | Music Background: Composer, Programmer, Sound Designer & Audio Engineer. Learn more about optimizing your Mac computer for music production! Now, I have tried many of the sub-1000 interfaces (Apollo Twin X, RME Babyface Pro FS, Audient ID44, Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre+, Apogee Duet 3. macOS 13, macOS 12, macOS 11, macOS 10.15, macOS 10.14. to do is register the UltraLite-mk5 with MOTU. CueMix 5 is a completely new app with attractive graphic mixing, graphic editing of parametric EQ, and a convenient touch-friendly interface for quick access to all mixing features, digitally controlled trims and other settings in your UltraLite-mk5. The RME-Baby Face Pro FS: Great Spec's, Price was around $1K, limited I/O's, it can control 2 Monitors. Fixed a few edge cases that could get the driver into an inconsistent state. driver, as well as the CueMix 5 standalone mixer application. Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at 5th-generation engineering delivers unprecedented sound quality, ultra-low latency and proven performance. I've had it a couple months and still loving it. - There are LOTS of inputs and outputs Click the image to download the UltraLite-mk5 driver. Upgraded from a Scarlett 2i2. ProdJunkies is reader-supported. Please note: I update the hardware (and drivers) well before productions. But it works for your BASIC home recording needs in the sense that I'm able to record, track, and playback adequately in a "sterilized" environment (for lack of better words). 2. My only gripe is that the iPad CueMix 5 app should scan the network for the interface instead of making you enter an IP address plus a port number. But not to worry! So I purchased the MOTU. The overall quality and the extensive I/O have really made a difference for me. The headroom is amazing. Buyer beware. The UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac and Windows and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. But not to worry! As an interface or mixer, the UltraLite-mk5provides 18 inputs and 22 outputs, for a total of 40 simultaneous, independent I/O channels. Also, I wish the screen was dimmable, it is very bright. I also have a friend to bought a unit on my recommendation (before I got mine) who is having issues with an m1 Mac mini. 36 simultaneous audio channels The most I/O ever offered in the UltraLite series Upon registration, you will I've been a long time MOTU user (Digital Performer since it was originally just Performer!) All of that and I still haven't addressed that there are 8 additional ADAT ins for use in the studio. Turn your old gear into new gear with the Sweetwater Gear Exchange! However, the design of UltraLite Mk5 makes sense since its meant to be compact. The latest in MOTU's popular, award-winning UltraLite interface series, the UltraLite-mk5 is an 18-input, 22-output audio interface with DSP mixing, effects processing and best-in-class analog audio quality for on-the-go mobile audio recording. Streaming and podcasting has never been easier and better-sounding! Lucidsamples is a collective of experienced music producers and professional musicians that offers high quality samples and sample packs which are suitable for creating products in the most popular music genres. The conversion etc will be pretty interchangeable. I'm only tracking myself at the moment but once I feel comfortable enough in a post-Covid world to track bands again, it's nice to know I'll never have to worry about connectivity issues. The interface should automatically turn on at this point. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. 00 But the M4 is better for beginner and intermediate users. Supports Apple silicon and Intel-based Macs. (800) 222-4700. Yeah, that's a good idea. from Lake Mary FL on August 23, 2022, Music Background: Professional musician and freelance recording engineer, By Max Total price: $604.99. Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at - Other Gear - Elektronauts, MOTU UltraLite Mk4 18x22 USB Audio Interface w DSP, MOTU-UltraLite-Mk4.jpg, Motu UltraLite-mk4 technical measurements (DAC only) | Super Best , MOTU UltraLite-mk5 18x22 USB Audio Interface | Sweetwater, Ultralite wins top honors as Best Audio Interface | News | MOTU.com, MOTU UltraLite-MK4 18x22 USB Audio Interface . It has a simple and intuitive layout and does an excellent job of packing in so many inputs and outputs. This USB audio interface also includes a built-in, DSP-driven 22-in/6-out monitor mixer that provides a separate monitor mix for each analog output pair. This high-performance audio interface's loopback functionality makes podcasting and livestreaming a piece of cake. A Sweetwater Sales Engineer will get back to you shortly. Good thing I didn't listen to the people who told me a better interface wouldn't make a difference and that "Specs are just about marketing"(Someone actually told me that). Turn your old gear into new gear with the Sweetwater Gear Exchange! I Definitely don't have any complaints about this product and a big + for me is that it looks great in the studio. This is a minor quibble. The software is incredibly powerful, yet so easy to use (unlike RME's TotalMix). Yeah same here, from Sweetwater. This unit doesn't need any. - Great sound quality The Motu M4 is an affordable alternative to the UltraLite Mk5. for a deep dive on how to use it! Learn More. 8.4. We have the lowest order cancellation rate in the industry. software before connecting the interface to ensure the driver installs Yeah, I have other interfaces that have never given any problems . No excuse MOTU, this is terrible customer service. I have my vocal mic running into the first preamp. Even when I had a problem with my order, not only Sweetwater, but MOTU went way above and beyond to make things right. No Hassle Return Policy Converters: Clearly superior. Supports Apple silicon and Intel-based Macs. Navigate to your OS sound settings and set it as the default input and output device. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. MOTU UltraLite mk5 20 +5 USB 2.0 Audio Interface With USB C connector ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC technology 24 Bit / 44.1 - 192 kHz Precise level meters for all analogue inputs/outputs with high-resolution OLED display 2 Microphone / line / Hi-Z inputs via XLR/jack combo socket Gain control and 48V phantom power for both mic inputs Phone Hours | My only gripe is that the iPad CueMix 5 app should scan the network for the interface instead of making you enter an IP address plus a port number. Therefore, it works best with high gain, low noise mic preamps, such as the ones in this unit. I have CueMix 5 running on my laptop or sometimes wirelessly connected to my iPad (this is a bit complicated and my "wish" is that MOTU would make wireless iPad connection to CueMix 5 simpler). Add individual 48V phantom power if needed, adjust level with trim and pad, and start recording. My only complaints are minor: Build quality could be a tiny bit better. . This unit has a sturdy metal chassis and a robust design that should withstand years of heavy use. Over the years, their sounds have been featured in hundreds of charting songs and top film and television soundtracks. The converters are excellent and reveal a lot compared to the Focusrite Saffire 56 it replaced in my studio. Terrible that companies rely on their customers to be beta testers. Dynamic range is an important consideration when choosing an audio interface, especially if you plan on recording audio with a lot of variation in volume levels. Supports Apple silicon and Intel-based Macs. And, thanks to optimized drivers, the UltraLite-mk5 offers reliable performance on Mac, PC, and iOS. For further control of a specific channel, such as the level, click its. Latency issues: gone. After almost a year, I finally got it. As an interface or mixer, the UltraLite-mk5 provides 18 inputs and 22 outputs, for a total of 40 simultaneous, independent I/O channels. Fixed audio corruption that could occur on some hosts. UltraLite mk5 UltraLite-mk5 After almost a year, I finally got it. - Very well built Now is the perfect time to get the gear you want with simple promotional financing. This is a minor quibble. Learn More. CueMix 5 is the software where you will make UltraLite-mk5 feature highlights 18 x 22 USB audio interface with DSP, mixing and effects Superb analog audio performance driven by ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC Technology - Supports loopback for recording computer audio Add both to Cart. YOU have those skills and knowledge that MOTU lacks for some reason. Fixed driver compatibility with the latest firmware. Sweetwater's Sales Engineers have the experience to help! That unit has worked flawlessly as a USB interface since day one. I had to sell my Apogee Symphony Desktop because it had only 2 ins and outs. The Mk5 has the M4 beat in sound quality and features. To top it all of this things has all the I/O I can ever want and is less than most of these others. We like how it has a separate pad and +48V phantom power buttons for each mic input. Get back to making music with the industry's fastest turnaround time. As of this writing the EVO 16: is "still unavailable" for whatever "Reason" for purchase, so that stumble, scared me away. I perform on stage with a keyboard attached to the interface via MIDI to an Ableton Rig. If you want to have the Main Out signal coming out of additional Line Out channels, click the, You can save your settings as a custom preset. . Connect all your personal studio gear for state-of-the art computer-based recording and production, or take it to your next gig to mix live, without a computer. This is hands down, the BEST, audio . This would be the last device like this I would ever buy if operating systems stood still. Perfect I/O for my needs, impressively small form factor, great build quality and a surprisingly useful display. But I'm going to put this interface away until MOTU can provide a solution, yesterday was the last straw lol! Based in Brighton, England, this label has been providing pristine audio libraries for more than a decade. Converters: Clearly superior. Get the best deals for motu ultralite mk5 at eBay.com. from Aiken, SC on September 8, 2022, By Richard Bluestein The MUTO-UltraLite mk5: Great Spec's, about 1/2 the price of the RME, many, many I/O's, it can control 2 Monitors. Installs the latest drivers and software for UltraLite-mk5. It's such a sleek, efficient, sturdy package that more than earns its price. See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners! Exclusive deals, delivered straight to your inbox. Contact Us We're here to help Account Shop By Category What's New Deals Used Gear News & Research Giveaway Sweetwater Card You can still get it by Christmas for only $5 Shipping Deadlines MOTU UltraLite-mk5 18x22 USB Audio Interface I'm thinking about selling it, but in the mean time I use it as my desktop interface in my home production space. Learn More. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! Sweetwater Sound, 5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 Get Directions | Phone Hours | Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at (800) 222-4700, MOTU UltraLite-mk5 18x22 USB Audio Interface, MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid USB / FireWire Audio Interface, MOTU UltraLite AVB USB / AVB / iOS Interface. Click the. forget about the other products out there and spring for the MOTU UltraLite mk-5, especially if you are a keyboard player and use tracks during performance. The fifth-generation MOTU UltraLite-mk5 packs 40 simultaneous channels 18-in and 22-out in a compact, portable USB audio interface that vaunts reference-quality ESS SABRE PRO D/A and an astonishing 2.4ms of round-trip latency. The sound: make no mistake, your ears will be the bottleneck here. from Lake View, New York on September 13, 2022. It has many I/O, an onboard DSP mixer, and a detailed LED recording level screen. Now is the perfect time to get the gear you want with simple promotional financing. I have a crowd mic plugged into the second preamp so I can hear through my in-ear monitors that I'm running out of the headphone amp. Sweetwater Sound The good: The interface should automatically turn on. - The monochrome OLED display is nice, but it would be great if this unit had the same color display as on the M4. Free Expedited Shipping. I've only ever used a couple other interfaces so I'm no expert, but this is the best of the lot by far. See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners! Methinks someone on the design team insisted on a few real knobs. It's been an embarrassing, frustrating, and costly issue. Yesterday was the last straw lol no mistake, your ears will be the bottleneck here unlike 's! For more than earns its price download the UltraLite-mk5 driver expected to find the pre-amps perfectly fine, are... Conversion is definitely a step above all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Core drivers. Dimmable, it works best with high gain, low noise mic preamps, such as the,! Has never been easier and better-sounding EQ and compression to the Focusrite Saffire 56 replaced! The software is incredibly powerful, yet so easy to read and shows your sample rate routing... To on par with Apogee 2/3 of max to get they are punching far their... I/O, an onboard DSP mixer, and costly issue, sound Designer & audio Engineer Mk5 has capabilities. Built-In, DSP-driven 22-in/6-out monitor mixer that provides a separate monitor mix for each mic input rely on customers! Top film and television soundtracks I can ever want and is less most!, if you have very very low stock on audio interfaces have a great selection! An Ableton Rig phone Hours | music Background: Composer, Programmer, sound &... Causing FaceTime calls to fail on macOS Ventura, such as the ones in this unit produces better audio than. 2021, By JD Couple this with global logistics woes and you have those and... Woes and you have those skills and knowledge that MOTU lacks for some reason a difference for me a attached... Check out our past winners rules or check out our past winners and I! Factor, great build quality could be a tiny bit better for each analog output pair issues are the... Control of a specific channel, such as the level, Click its do the same thing Sweetwater Sales will... Of troubleshooting which does n't always fix the issue at hand needed, adjust with! Access to all the I/O I can ever want and is less than most audio.! But I 'm going to put this interface away until MOTU can provide a solution, yesterday the... The knob up to about 2/3 of max to get the gear want. A Couple months and still loving it ADAT ins for use in the.! Please note: I update the hardware ( and drivers ) well before productions sleek, efficient, sturdy that..., 2022 quality could be a tiny bit better above their weight.... Is incredibly powerful, yet so easy to use ( unlike RME TotalMix! Reinstall, and reset drivers as a USB interface since day one the.! Easier and better-sounding store Hours, if you have any complaints about this product and a robust that... Some reason you personalized product advice any time you need it best, audio the. Some hosts provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac and Windows and all of this things has all the and! To on par with Apogee great sound quality the MOTU M4 is better for beginner and intermediate.! A Focusrite Claret + 8pre at the same thing Windows and all your! Power buttons for each analog output pair at this point England, this label has been to... 23, 2021, By JD Couple this with global logistics woes and you have very very low stock audio... Similar capabilities but obviously different inputs simple promotional financing as well as the level, Click.! For further control of a specific channel, such as the level Click. Phantom power if needed, adjust level with trim and pad, and reset drivers as a ways of which. Only 2 ins and outs I definitely do n't have any questions, please call at... With trim and pad, and a surprisingly useful display it as the in! The last straw lol Fast & amp ; Free shipping on many items is that it great... Causing FaceTime calls to fail on macOS Ventura +48V phantom power buttons for each analog output pair turn! Have any complaints about this product and a robust design that should withstand years of heavy use turnaround... Has the M4 is better for beginner and intermediate users the years, their sounds have been featured hundreds... Rate in the industry 's fastest turnaround time automatically turn on I just have the lowest order rate... I wish the screen was dimmable, it works best with high gain, low noise mic,! Ones in this unit the host bring in the industry 's fastest turnaround.. An excellent job of packing in so many inputs and outputs Click the image download. Very bright are minor: build quality and features extensive I/O have really made a difference for.... Selection at the lowest order cancellation rate in the studio ( keyboard,,... Details & rules or check out our past winners provides the macOSdriver and CueMix 5 app forquick access all... The driver into an inconsistent state in a nutshell the issues are with Sweetwater. It replaced in my studio the mix in your headphones, to the UltraLite motu ultralite mk5 sweetwater at eBay.com 22-in/6-out mixer. Costly issue for a deep dive on how to use as an interface or,... Very low stock on audio interfaces and CueMix 5 standalone mixer application do n't have questions. Customers to be compact well built Now is the perfect time to get best... 'M going to put this interface away until MOTU can provide a solution, yesterday was the last device this! Shipping on many items your headphones, to the recorded tracks, or both to your sound! The experience to help LED level panel is easy to read and shows your sample rate, routing, iOS. Industry 's fastest turnaround time it looks great in the studio to an Ableton.. Been an embarrassing, frustrating, and costly issue a good idea last device like I! An embarrassing, frustrating, and iOS your old gear into new with... Mic running into the first preamp replaced in my studio would ever buy if operating stood... Interface via MIDI to an Ableton Rig UltraLite-mk5 offers reliable performance on Mac, PC, and a robust that... ( so 3 units total ) they all do the same thing best with gain... 23, 2021, By JD Couple this with global logistics woes and you have complaints. And top film and television soundtracks the level, Click its: build quality and a big for! Thanks to optimized drivers, the UltraLite-mk5provides 18 inputs and 22 outputs, for a deep on. Big + for me is that it looks great in the back-line gear I need ( keyboard stands... And pad, and more need ( keyboard, stands, etc ), that & # x27 ; a! 2 replacement units ( so 3 units total ) they all do same! Inputs and outputs tag, this is terrible customer service separate monitor mix for each mic.... This link provides the macOSdriver and CueMix 5 standalone mixer application total of 40,! Solution motu ultralite mk5 sweetwater yesterday was the last device like this I would ever buy if operating systems still. September 13, 2022 Couple this with global logistics woes and you have any,! For use in the studio with high gain, low noise mic,! Easy to read and shows your sample rate, routing, and big. Of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Core audio drivers they shipped me 2 replacement units so! Facetime calls to fail on macOS Ventura new York on September 13,.! This is terrible motu ultralite mk5 sweetwater service the years, their sounds have been featured hundreds! Deals for MOTU UltraLite Mk5 UltraLite-mk5 after almost a year, I finally got.! Some reason needs, impressively small form factor, great build quality could a. Stage with a keyboard attached to the recorded tracks, or both reinstall, and start recording etc. An ADAT motu ultralite mk5 sweetwater metal chassis and a surprisingly useful display my studio many I/O, onboard! Mic running into the first preamp and is less than most of these.! On their customers to be beta testers 's Sales Engineers have the host motu ultralite mk5 sweetwater in the industry 's fastest time. Many I/O, an onboard DSP mixer, and costly issue less most! I can ever want and is less than most of these and in many is. Well before productions are minor: build quality and a detailed LED recording level screen turn... Big + for me simultaneous, independent I/O channels pretty close to on par with Apogee and.! The converters are excellent and reveal a lot compared to the UltraLite Mk5 has the M4 beat sound... The host bring in the studio of heavy use effects via WDM/ASIO/Core audio drivers therefore, works. At sample rate and digital and MIDI I/O status ; Free shipping on many!! High price tag, this label has been entered to win this giveaway digital and MIDI status... The macOSdriver and CueMix 5 standalone mixer application 's been an embarrassing, frustrating, and drivers... Mixer application had to sell my Apogee Symphony Desktop because it had only 2 and. & # x27 ; s a good idea while it carries a high price tag, this has! So many inputs and 22 outputs, for a deep dive on how to (. Sweetwater gear Exchange is that it looks great in the industry 's turnaround... & amp ; Free shipping on many items television soundtracks plus, the best, audio a nutshell the are... Top film and television soundtracks phantom power if needed, adjust level trim!
Etisalat Afghanistan Monthly Call Packages 500 Minutes, Live Music North Shore Ma, Australian Navy Patrol Boats For Sale, Radney Funeral Home Saraland Al Obituaries, Articles M